Friday 21 October 2011

New Dog in da House.

I can see right up your nose from here.
How can she resist me.








We have a new Lodger, we were asked by an old friend to home Jade, a one year old Stafford Girl. After some deliberation we decided to bring her home on a weeks trial to see how she got on with Monty. A big mistake, she is adorable. She was at first very nervy, growling at poor Monty every time he moved, but he calmly rerouted where possible and continued to be his usual good-natured self. Now one week on she has helped herself to his bed, his toys, his food bowl and anything else he once considered his own and they now seem to be joined at the hip. I think they will be good house mates.
Looking Guilty? Just demolished the rug.
Jade must now be Spayed as soon as possible as the last thing we need is puppy's, which has set me thinking maybe the way forward in dog protection is a fund to neuter  bitches or possibly pay people to have their Bitches  spayed? This would reduce considerably the number of unwanted pups looking for homes and increase the chance of finding loving homes for older Dogs. To have Jade spayed is a huge expense and I am sure an unaffordable one for many people it will be a stretch for us. I am sure many people who take on a cute little girl puppy even think ahead to the day when she will be mature and have no idea how determined to be mated they can be. Each day I receive a list of homeless, desperate  dogs from  http://www.dogsblog.com/  I am sure that Doggy  Birth control is the answer. I have searched the Internet and can find many charity's that help with vet costs but all stop at neutering, why?

No comments:

Post a Comment